Smash Flash Back Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Tier List for Version 0.6

+7
|~DVDV~|
Dark Ermac
RM
Ichigo Kurosaki
Zak
Byllant
Faceless Void
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official Tier List for Version 0.6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Tier List for Version 0.6

Post  RM Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm

That will be changed soon. Very Happy
RM
RM

Back to top Go down

Official Tier List for Version 0.6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Tier List for Version 0.6

Post  Niocora Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:08 am

RM wrote:That will be changed soon. Very Happy

Probably very soon considering he is (in the official brawl tier list) A lowish character. And, on top of that, he ain't exactly high on the melee tier lit either. Most likely within the next version he will be knocked down at least one.
Niocora
Niocora

http://niocora.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  T.testLP Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:44 am

Tier list of the other games doesn't affect Link here. Link has a modified moveset and his recovery is improved.

He will drop down when MK or Marth or someone who has better range overall gets introduced however.

T.testLP

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikmaethor Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:53 am

Actually, ZaloZemsis and RM were referring to his placement in the current demo. It's been revealed upon further analysis that Sonic, and not Link, is the best character of v0.6.
Brikmaethor
Brikmaethor

Back to top Go down

Official Tier List for Version 0.6 - Page 2 Empty take 2

Post  Jacques Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 am

I can actually beat a 1v3 of any sort easily and a 1v1 with no effort I was joking there but i ranked in difficulty kinda. You are basing it in peoples opinions and part facts. yes link is good but part of the reason is that people train with him all the time because he's cool and somewhat good. But who wants to play with kirby? A pink puffball that isn't the best makes it that his shortcomings are apparently made bigger. Shouldn't you base them on things like IE... cheapness/spammy attacks (so they aren't the same but a spammy attack can easily overwhelm a strong character which make ichigo, sonic [come on admit it] and link [up and down air come to mind] all have that) power (ichigo link and lloyd are prime examples) and speed/recovery (sonic, ichigo, sora in that order are the 3 fastest and all have good jumps)? just a suggestion. (and yes I'm still holding a little back)

Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikmaethor Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am

Kirby isn't on the bottom because no one plays as him. Au contraire, quite a few people do, myself included. Who wouldn't want to play as the second-manliest character in the game? However, something has yet to be discovered that will allow Kirby to rise from his position on the bottom of the tier list. Rest assured, though, that the balancers will do everything they can to ensure that Kirby is better in v0.7.
Brikmaethor
Brikmaethor

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceless Void Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 am

Jacques wrote: I can actually beat a 1v3 of any sort easily and a 1v1 with no effort I was joking there but i ranked in difficulty kinda. You are basing it in peoples opinions and part facts. yes link is good but part of the reason is that people train with him all the time because he's cool and somewhat good. But who wants to play with kirby? A pink puffball that isn't the best makes it that his shortcomings are apparently made bigger. Shouldn't you base them on things like IE... cheapness/spammy attacks (so they aren't the same but a spammy attack can easily overwhelm a strong character which make ichigo, sonic [come on admit it] and link [up and down air come to mind] all have that) power (ichigo link and lloyd are prime examples) and speed/recovery (sonic, ichigo, sora in that order are the 3 fastest and all have good jumps)? just a suggestion. (and yes I'm still holding a little back)

Yeah...what? I think Kirby is one of the most common mains/secondaries in the back room. No competitive player would ever discriminate against a character based on looks. If that was the case, how would you explain, say, the placing of Melee Jigglypuff? I don't know others' reasons, but for me it's because he's the only character that's weak enough to give the people I play with a fair chance. But why is he so weak? In a nutshell, he gets 0-deathed by half the cast, and his attacks are slow and low range and have bad knockback and priority. We have solid, well-founded reasons for every one of our decisions. None of them have to do with how many people think a character looks cool. Unless you have some reason we're all missing about why Kirby should be ranked higher, his position isn't going to change.
Faceless Void
Faceless Void
Admin
Admin

https://smashflashbackroom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official Tier List for Version 0.6 - Page 2 Empty while here

Post  Metako Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:58 am

I disagree with the reasons given. but here is something I noticed:
Link is the second slowest character. so that would put him at a SERIOUS disadvantage against sonic/Ichigo/sora? Sonic could run laps around him using his dash attack and then a finisher and ichigo and sora could do pretty much the same. This is why I think link is a little overrated although still the best by far. (and ps I like kirby a lot). and aren't most people giving ratings by cpu matches? I've seen a lot of characters that work great in cpu matches but not against a player and Vice Versa. (take my link example) I think the tiers are accurate as they are. oh well this may be changed in v0.7 Very Happy (by the looks of it ness would be a better pvp character than a pvc one)

Metako

Back to top Go down

Post  T.testLP Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Link has range, and his attack speed isn't very bad. Also, mindlessly spamming dash attack as an approach will get shielded by any good player and you will get punished hard. I don't see what you mean by ratings using CPU matches, they're unreliable and do not use the tactics actual players do. CPUs can be more technically skilled than a human player but a human player is better at predicting and punishing.
T.testLP
T.testLP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2