Smash Flash Back Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset.

+8
Panthera leo
firewater
AzureLight12
T.testLP
Jago
GMSTerror
RM
Faceless Void
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset. Empty (Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset.

Post  Faceless Void Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Ruleset

Matches are 4-stock, 8-minute. If time runs out, the person with the most stocks wins. If this is a tie, the person with the lowest percentage wins. If it is still a tie, a 1-stock tie breaker with the same characters is played on the same stage.

Items set to off and none.

All matches should be best of three. Winners/Losers/Grand finals should be best of five.

For stage legality, refer to the list: here.

Stalling a.k.a. delaying the match (e.g. using Sonic's neutral-b under the stage repeatedly) is forbidden.

No infinite jabs.

All other rules follow the standard tournament rules for the other smash games, and do not need to be reiterated here.

Last edited by Faceless Void on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Faceless Void
Faceless Void
Admin
Admin

https://smashflashbackroom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

(Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset. Empty Re: (Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset.

Post  RM Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Looks good Void! One thing though, you forgot infinite combo % limitations. Very Happy
RM
RM

Back to top Go down

(Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset. Empty Re: (Outdated) SFBR Basic Tournament Ruleset.

Post  GMSTerror Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 am

We having a tournament so soon!? Oh my buddha! Lol jokes, this is for future releases when the full or online comes in, I know. Pretty good setup for a tournament.
GMSTerror
GMSTerror

https://www.youtube.com/user/brawlmaster32?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jago Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 pm

does this counts to people that are aren't members of the SFBR or just members?
Jago
Jago

Back to top Go down

Post  RM Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 pm

It applies to anyone in a tournament. If you ever compete in a SSF2 tournament you are encouraged to use this ruleset. But if it is a SFBR sanctioned tournament then they are required.
RM
RM

Back to top Go down

Post  RM Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 am

I found a couple of loopholes in our current ruleset:

1. Jab infiniting is still possible with this ruleset. If the opponent gets out of hitstun before the second jab connects then it is not a combo, and therefore not a "jab infinite" but something else which resembles it. Like Dedede's infinite chaingrab on DK and his infinite small-step chaingrab on DK. I think the rule needs to ban hitting the opponent with another jab after the first one connects. That way this is averted and the game wont descend into a degenerate state.

2. It doesn't mention infinite combo percentage caps. Yeah not sure why that's not in here since we already voted on it.
RM
RM

Back to top Go down

Post  T.testLP Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am

What does "no infinite jabs" mean? Does it mean no jab comboes? Because then it will be pretty hard to abide it since accidentally pressing the button to much could get you DQ'd.
T.testLP
T.testLP

Back to top Go down

Post  RM Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:19 am

Performing an infinite jab combo will result in:
1st offense: loss of first stock
2nd offense: loss of game.
3rd offense: loss of set and sent to losers or out of the tournament.(if you're in winners bracket, you're sent to losers; and if you're in loser's you're out of the tournament.)
4th offense: loss of set and out of the tournament.

If the jab does not combo into the second one, then it will not be counted against the player. The person getting jabbed could be out of hitstun for one frame and it would be perfectly legal, but still up to the discretion of the referee watching the match.
RM
RM

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureLight12 Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:42 pm

So basically just doing 2 jabs is an offence? Suspect I can understand this being a problem with characters like Kirby or Link with their FighterKirby jabs or Illusion Stab attacks, but what about characters like Ichigo or Lloyd, who's 2-3 jab attacks knock opponents away? Hmm perhaps I'm not grasping the concept correctly?
AzureLight12
AzureLight12

Back to top Go down

Post  firewater Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm assuming that we include stages from 0.8 once that's all decided, but shouldn't we use the 0.7 list of stages instead of 0.6? And I also don't get the infinite jab rule? so what would be an example of something that's punishable?

firewater

Back to top Go down

Post  Panthera leo Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:12 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:So basically just doing 2 jabs is an offence? Suspect I can understand this being a problem with characters like Kirby or Link with their FighterKirby jabs or Illusion Stab attacks, but what about characters like Ichigo or Lloyd, who's 2-3 jab attacks knock opponents away? Hmm perhaps I'm not grasping the concept correctly?
Infinite jabs were a problem in demo 0.6 (don't think you were around back then) when hitstun values were incorrectly configured, causing certain players (such as Link) to have jab lock infinites (first two jabs, then instead of continuing to jab 3, you'd wait a second and go back to jab 1, while your opponent was still in hitstun, causing an infinite combo) that degraded the match into a "who can jab first" contest.
Panthera leo
Panthera leo

https://www.youtube.com/masterp443

Back to top Go down

Post  Perfect Hell Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:34 am

WERE a problem. As of v0.8, there is no reason to have such a rule except against the regular spam jabs (Kirby, Link, etc.). The rule Void has above suffices.
Perfect Hell
Perfect Hell

https://www.youtube.com/perfecthell4

Back to top Go down

Post  MercuryHg34 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:07 am

perfecthell4 wrote:WERE a problem. As of v0.8, there is no reason to have such a rule except against the regular spam jabs (Kirby, Link, etc.). The rule Void has above suffices.

Well even now the spamable jabs (like Kirby's and Link's) can eventually be DI'd out of, though it might be harder against a wall because you'd have to jump out of it. Either way it isn't nearly as bad as it was before, so could there just not be a rule on it at all? Or did I miss something?
MercuryHg34
MercuryHg34

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureLight12 Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Also what about hazards? Although that seems rather obvious.
AzureLight12
AzureLight12

Back to top Go down

Post  CloneHat Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:27 pm

I don't think there are any infinites as of now, just really good hit strings.
CloneHat
CloneHat

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureLight12 Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 pm

CloneHat wrote:I don't think there are any infinites as of now, just really good hit strings.

Well as far as tournament settings are concerned there aren't. Most stages that a chacter can create an infinite on are usually banned or counter/ban, maybe counterpick AT BEST. Also even in the event of an "infinate", more often than not the victim can DI out of it, either away or up if theres a wall.
AzureLight12
AzureLight12

Back to top Go down

Post  CloneHat Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:33 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:Most stages that a chacter can create an infinite on are usually banned or counter/ban
So they exist? Where?
CloneHat
CloneHat

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureLight12 Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:55 pm

CloneHat wrote:So they exist? Where?
Places where there are lots of walls and where walls are taller than most of the cast, places like Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Hidden Leaf Village, Dr. Wily's Castle. But like I said, it's not impossible to DI out of it, the it just looks that way becaus the CPU can't doesn't use DI during hit-stun.

Last edited by AzureLight12 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : "...Hyrule* Temple, ...")
AzureLight12
AzureLight12

Back to top Go down

Post  Perfect Hell Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:07 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:Places where there are lots of walls and where walls are taller than most of the cast, places like Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Hidden Leaf Village, Dr. Wily's Castle. But like I said, it's not impossible to DI out of it, the it just looks that way becaus the CPU can't doesn't use DI during hit-stun.
It's not an infinite if you can DI out, or any other method of getting out
Perfect Hell
Perfect Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  firewater Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:18 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:
Places where there are lots of walls and where walls are taller than most of the cast, places like Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Hidden Leaf Village, Dr. Wily's Castle. But like I said, it's not impossible to DI out of it, the it just looks that way becaus the CPU can't doesn't use DI during hit-stun.
and aren't all of these stages banned anyway, not even Counterpicks- I mean the ones you named for example

firewater

Back to top Go down

Post  MercuryHg34 Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:20 pm

firewater wrote:
AzureLight12 wrote:
and aren't all of these stages banned anyway, not even Counterpicks- I mean the ones you named for example

yes, but in v0.7 there were some stages with walls that were counterpick, not banned, such as chaos shrine, temple of time, and saturn valley. The walls were somewhat short though, so that might be why they aren't banned.
MercuryHg34
MercuryHg34

Back to top Go down

Post  CloneHat Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:51 pm

In version 7 there was Goku's dthrow on walls, so they were banned. I just wanted to know that there were no more infinites in version 8.
CloneHat
CloneHat

Back to top Go down

Post  firewater Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
firewater wrote:
AzureLight12 wrote:

yes, but in v0.7 there were some stages with walls that were counterpick, not banned, such as chaos shrine, temple of time, and saturn valley. The walls were somewhat short though, so that might be why they aren't banned.
I knew that much, but yeah, makes sense

firewater

Back to top Go down

Post  AzureLight12 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
AzureLight12 wrote:Places where there are lots of walls and where walls are taller than most of the cast, places like Shadow Moses Island, Hyrule Temple, Hidden Leaf Village, Dr. Wily's Castle. But like I said, it's not impossible to DI out of it, the it just looks that way becaus the CPU can't doesn't use DI during hit-stun.
It's not an infinite if you can DI out, or any other method of getting out

That's my point, that they aren't infinites.
AzureLight12
AzureLight12

Back to top Go down

Post  Perfect Hell Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 pm

AzureLight12 wrote:Also even in the event of an "infinate", more often than not the victim can DI out of it, either away or up if theres a wall.
You did say an infinite could be DI'd out of
Perfect Hell
Perfect Hell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next