Smash Flash Back Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LightPhenix Joins the brawl!

3 posters

Go down

Megaman vs Sonic, WHo WOn

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_lcap0%LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_lcap100%LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_lcap0%LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Empty LightPhenix Joins the brawl!

Post  LightPhenix Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:45 am

Name (aka Handle):[/

Answr: I won't post my real name (safety) but feel free to call me, LightPhenix or just Phenix

Link to your McLeodGaming Profile:

It's impossible for em to get one. I filled the registration but it never sent me the activation email, wouldn't let me log in, or register again.

How old are you?

Do you know anyone currently in the Back Room? How do you know them?
No

Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
Favorite: MegaMan
Second: Kirby (His hammer attack works perfectly for a KO when on the edge of a stage like green hill zone)

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):

Played and unlocked all charecters in brawl and melee. Also unlocked jigglypuff in ssf2

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?

Only ones at home and friends house. Usually 18 or 15 players. I usually get first place even if I play as Olimar (I once did). All of the tourneys were on brawl

When did you start playing SSF2?

Like 2010 or 2011, I don't remember. I remember starting somewhere near 7.0 or something

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.

Well, I have to say Final Destination was NOT in my top 10 stage list (Except for training purposes)

1. Galaxy Tours
2. Wario Ware inc
3. Skull fortress
4. Pokemon stadium 3
5. Lunar core
6. Chaos Shrine
7. Shadow mosses Island

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?

MegaMan. His Elemental powers make him perfect in almost any situation. His flame sword blocks of opponents enemies from approaching. His shield reflects object like a fireball. His ice beam (Shoots upwards) blocks enemies from the top. His Tornado buster blocks approaches and SOME attacks. His spike-man form stops approaching enemies and pushes them back. His charged missle (When you that missle-like object that only goes a certain distance) is usually a KO if your opponent has over 70% damage. He has a fast roll, a electric grap that throws opponents far distances. His purple form sucks in enemies so you could do the charged missle on them, same with the stun blast form.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?

Peach

*Her moves do to little damage
*She is very slow
*Her final smash is retarded

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?

I just can't pick

I want to pick to have Shadow the hedgehog playable with a custom moveset (differant then sonics)
There are so many charecter moves and final smashes to add I just can't pick

1. For black mage we should pick the moves he do so it dosent auto go to items and pick flare
2. Dark sides of charecters with movesets like dark mario with a moveset differant then mario
3. Silver the hedgehog
4. Mega man to have Time Freezing powers (Ok, maybe kinda cheap)
5. MegaMan to have go-back-in-time-and-reverse-damage powers (Ok, completely unfair)
6. A differant animation for explosions/fire
7. Mario to have more fire abilities
8. So many more.....

What is your view on items in competitive play?

Hmmm, I prefer only smash balls, pokeballs and a freezie. I don't like the baseball bat because the KO auto and bomb-omb are unfair in my opinion and assist trophies sometimes are just overpowered.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.

I can download it, reason?

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.

I want to join to become a part of the smash bros online universe. I want to help make smash bros/flash games the best they can be, I'll even show my custom storyline if you want. This is also a great motivation for me to improve my programming skills. I am exceptional because I know the smash bros series inside out and can help give advice, answer questions and more/

Cake or pie? (The most important question!)

This question is so hard. Grrrr... Can I answer something else? If no then my guess is, ummmm, man im so confused, I choose cake

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)

I have tons of videos, I just dunno where to post them? Im planning to make a youtube channel of the game, i'll inform you when I do

LightPhenix

Back to top Go down

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Empty Sorry, messed up at a point

Post  LightPhenix Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:49 am

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
for 1. on this question I was reffering to black mages final smash

LightPhenix

Back to top Go down

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Empty Re: LightPhenix Joins the brawl!

Post  ZaloZemsis Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 am

LightPhenix wrote:It's impossible for em to get one. I filled the registration but it never sent me the activation email, wouldn't let me log in, or register again.
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/

Try registering again and use a secondary e-mail, if you have one. If that doesn't work, contact Cleod9 about any site inconvenience. → http://www.mcleodgaming.com/contact.php

You should probably stick to the main site. You really doesn't seem to have a competitive mindset, or understand how to analyze characters (Mega Man is a pretty bad as a character and low-tier, while Peach is really good.)
ZaloZemsis
ZaloZemsis

https://www.youtube.com/Zalozis

Back to top Go down

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Empty Well......

Post  LightPhenix Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Well, now I guess I won't join.

LightPhenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Zapperrix Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:02 pm

LightPhenix wrote:Well, now I guess I won't join.
Actually, you don't choose to join the backroom; the backroom chooses you. In this case, you were denied due to your poor application.

-You claimed that Mega Man is the best character, however he's honestly low tier. Mega Man was low-tier last demo and he didn't gain any significant buffs; in fact, his zoning got nerfed for the most part. Crash Bomb can no longer be canceled if it misses, Wheel Cutter got nerfed badly, and his other options outside of Mega Buster didn't receive buffs (and Mega Buster just got increased knockback). Also, weapon switching leaves Mega Man very punishable, so he is usually restricted to one weapon per stock, or he risks letting his opponent get in. Mega Man also has only one really good approach option, Fair; and it can be pretty predictable. Mega Man also has one of the worst recoveries in the game; it may have distance, however if he is hit during his U-spec, he will not regain it (if you hit him twice, he will regain). He may be able to cancel it and it may have super armor frames, but it doesn't have enough super armor and smart opponents can bait the cancel (especially since he has to end up on stage if he cancels). He may be able to extended his recovery with D-air, however if he is knocked back horizontally he usually has to use U-spec at some point. Mega Man also has poor finishers, because of how laggy they are. They may have good knockback, but you can usually see them coming from a mile away. His only quick finisher is U-air, and the strongest hitbox is during the beginning frames, so it has poor range as a kill move. Also, once you get in (which isn't that hard to do), Mega Man is easy to combo and pressure, so rushdown characters will give him lots of trouble. He isn't bad, however these flaws hinder him greatly (there may be more, however I got most of the important ones). Peach is a good character, she's a C+ or a B-. Better candidates for top-tier are Pikachu, Ness, Jigglypuff, etc.

-Based on your application, you judge competitive play off of stages that aren't legal. Green Hill Zone isn't a legal stage at all. Also, you would allow items in competitive play. It doesn't matter what items you would allow, because items should always be banned in competitive play due to their random nature and the fact that they induce luck.

-You didn't follow basic directions in your application. Nobody asked you for your top ten stage list, you were supposed to pick one stage and explian why it was your favorite. You were supposed to state ONE change you would make for SSF2, not 7. Also, you were never asked if you unlocked all the characters; you were supposed to say what official smash games you played and what characters you played in them.

Your app was crap, because you were lazy (and you sounded kinda cocky). You don't have competitive knowledge, so you aren't right for this forum. This forum isn't for custom storylines. Also, Olimar is top tier in Brawl.

You should really go to the MG forums.

Zapperrix
Zapperrix

Back to top Go down

LightPhenix Joins the brawl! Empty You don't know anything

Post  LightPhenix Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 am

You, honestly are mental. YOU THINK OLIMAR WAS A TOP-TIER IN BRAWL. HE IS TERRIBLE WITH A WEAK MOVESET AND HORRIBLE SPEED. You think MegaMan is bad, WELL THINK AGAIN, DUMMIE, IF THEY EVER MAKE AN ONLINE MODE ON SSF2, I WILL FACE YOU AND DEFEAT YOU LIKE ****. I MIGHT HAVE MADE A MIsTAKE SAYING PEACH WAS THE WORST, METAKNIGHT IS!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON't HAVE EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION (WHICH IS WHY I JOINED) OR ANYTHING "EXCLUSIVE" IN THIS WHOLE SITE!!!!!!!! AND YOU SAY MY APPLICATION IS -rap, YOURS IS. YOU DONT HAVE A COMPETITIVE MINDSET, YOU JUST THINK WHAT would happen in theory or in your -ental MIND!!!!!!

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I CANT GET FROM OTHER WEBSITES HERE!!! AND WHY IS THE SITE EVEN CREATED, THERE IS A MUCH BETTER ONE CALLED MCFORUMS

I know, dnt tell me to leave and go there, I AM CUZ I HATE IT HERE

LightPhenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Zapperrix Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 am

"Here is the official Brawl tier list, from the people who know what they are talking about". (click the words)

You obviously have trouble taking criticism, because right now you're acting like a child (I also doubt that you're 17). I'm not the only one who believes Mega Man is low tier, most people do. Zalo said it, I said it, other BR members said, and the people who voted on the community tier list on the MG forums said it (Some of the people who voted could get in to the Backroom btw). The majority believes that he is low tier, and you haven't given an argument to disprove that at all. Each time you said that someone was the worst character, you provided little to no evidence to prove your statement. Also, this website does have exclusive content, however only those that are membered can see it; and the last time I checked, you weren't membered.

Also, you have only hosted tournaments at your house (you probably didn't use official rule sets); while I have been to tournaments at other places. I've been playing Smash competitively for almost a year now, and based on your comments; you're one of those people who think they are good at Smash, but in reality they suck (you probably do to, since you don't even know the top-tier of the game you play). I've played people like you, and I've beaten them badly (the worst part is, I'm not even considered a good player at my school). I highly doubt that you would stand a chance.

Your app was bad because it was denied, while my app was good because it got accepted. You should really learn to mature and take criticism, because typing an angry response with all caps just makes you look stupid.
Zapperrix
Zapperrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down