Smash Flash Back Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

champetero application to join the smash flash backroom

2 posters

Go down

champetero application to join the smash flash backroom Empty champetero application to join the smash flash backroom

Post  champetero Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Name (aka Handle):
My username is champetero.

Link to your McLeodGaming Profile:
ID # 12724 champetero (it didn't let me post a link).

How old are you?
I'm 21 years old.

Do you know anyone currently in the Back Room? How do you know them?
well i have seen press V and Terra in the mecloadgaming forums.
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
My main is meta knight because he is not broken like he was in brawl and now he is more balanced and i also use him because he has a good combo game and good recovery and more i also use jigglypuff because his cute and really cool character overall and he has rest i also use fox because i have use a star fox character in all smash bros games.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
I have played all 3 smash bros games in 64 i wasn't a competitive player because i was young back then in melee i was a competitive player (i wasn't that good do) in brawl i was also a competitive player (i'm better than in melee)
In 64 i used fox because back then i thought " OMG he has a gun" in melee i used falco because he was epic and his falco the second best character and in brawl i use wolf because he is my favorite star fox character and i also used ice climbers because his grabs were amazing and the concept of using 2 characters was really cool.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
I have in my college they host one every month there are usually about 20 people they have all smash bros games, project m and ssf2 they are all double elimination and i usually place in top 8 my best was 1 in brawl using ice climbers.

When did you start playing SSF2?
I started playing ssf2 in version 0.5 because it look really cool and was a lot of fun for me and my friends.

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
My favorite stage is dreamland because it brings back memories of my childhood and because is the stage i win the most in it is also big and the platforms are really good i can platform cancel meta knight up special in it which is a move i use a lot the stage also helps me in combos and is overall a really cool stage.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
Pikachu should be placed first because he has good mobility, has a good aerial game with moves like his U-air N-air, he has a good ground game because his mobility tilts are all good and especially his thunder jolt which is an amazing projectile because its really good for shield stabbing, he has good kill power with his smashes thunder which needs to be sweetspotted, he has an amazing recovery with his quick attack and that it can be cancelled and his skull bash is also good but its easier to edgeguard and the most important thing that pikachu has its his f throw chaingrab which has the ability to 0 to death all the cast he also has a solid edgeguard game with moves like his thunder jolts, N-air,his forward smash and because of all this pikachu is number #1 in the current demo version.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
Zelda should be place last because she has bad mobility overall she cant survive much because she has a low falling speed and she is light and the fact that she lacks a good projectile makes her bad against characters that can camp her out and does making her have to approach and since her approach is bad because his F-air and B-air are her only approaching moves and with only two moves to approach this will become predictable and get punished and since her defensive game is also poor she doesn't have much to do against characters that can put pressure on her does shutting down many of here options overall she is way to predictable,has bad mobility,poor offensive and defensive game,lacking a projectile,she gets killed early and with all this makes here the worst character overall.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
I would balanced out pikachu taking away his chaingrab,thunder jolt getting nerfed,balanced out his kill power,overral mobility. I would do this to balanced out the game.

What is your view on items in competitive play?
Items should be banned because they are to random and the game would turn into who can get an item to win for example lets say someone got his opponent to 100% and then a heart container would appear and making all of his work banish and a player can get a smash ball which can make a huge difference in the game and since competitive play should be about which player has more skill and not the unpredictability of getting a smash ball,heart container,blue shell and more.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
I can download skype.
Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.
I want to join the smash flash back room because i always want to get the best out of people,help out on the analysis of characters, make tourney rulesets, stage list,tier list and more and since i have experience with competitive play i could give my point of view on various aspects of the game and competitive play and i would be a good applicant because i have experience and help out the competitive community and help make the competitive side of ssf2 grow and become very popular and get tons of people playing.

Cake or pie? (The most important question!)
I would have to go with cake because pie makes me remember cinnamon (i dont know why it just does) and that reminds me of the time i tried doing the cinnamon challenge and because cake is more tasty than the pie has more flavors and reminds me of my childhood

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)

I go to ssf2 tournaments every month so that gives me knowledge of certain match ups and i have played competitive players do they aren't the best players they are still good and i want to grow stronger as a competitive player
champetero
champetero

Back to top Go down

champetero application to join the smash flash backroom Empty Re: champetero application to join the smash flash backroom

Post  champetero Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 pm

If i made a bad application tell me instead of making me wait weeks and in other applications you guys respond in the next day
champetero
champetero

Back to top Go down

champetero application to join the smash flash backroom Empty Re: champetero application to join the smash flash backroom

Post  ZaloZemsis Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Regardless of your application, forgive me for ignoring it. I saw it but was busy with other things in life and forgot about it. There has been a lot of inactivity on this site, even from the Admit. Zapperrix was accepted yet still wasn't member'd. Again, I apologize this.

Now for this application; not bad. It feels like it changed greatly though, I can't remember what for sure so I guess it doesn't matter. Let's just go with follow-up questions: (☻Hooray‼)

1.)What character do you believe has a the best match-up against Ichigo on Battlefield?

2.) You're using Meta Knight and you just lost a match to a , Which stage would you counterpick?

3.) Out of these stages below, which ones fit into the categories of neutral, counterpick, or banned and why:

Hylian Skies
Bomb Factory
Chaos Shrine
Dracula's Castle
Castle Siege
Bowser's Castle

I know, I copy/paste past questions 'cuz I'm tired right now :\
ZaloZemsis
ZaloZemsis

https://www.youtube.com/Zalozis

Back to top Go down

Post  champetero Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm

ZaloZemsis wrote:Regardless of your application, forgive me for ignoring it. I saw it but was busy with other things in life and forgot about it. There has been a lot of inactivity on this site, even from the Admit. Zapperrix was accepted yet still wasn't member'd. Again, I apologize this.

Now for this application; not bad. It feels like it changed greatly though, I can't remember what for sure so I guess it doesn't matter. Let's just go with follow-up questions: (☻Hooray‼)

1.)What character do you believe has a the best match-up against Ichigo on Battlefield?

2.) You're using Meta Knight and you just lost a match to a , Which stage would you counterpick?

3.) Out of these stages below, which ones fit into the categories of neutral, counterpick, or banned and why:

Hylian Skies
Bomb Factory
Chaos Shrine
Dracula's Castle
Castle Siege
Bowser's Castle

I know, I copy/paste past questions 'cuz I'm tired right now :\

1)I'm gonna go with pikachu because pikachu because the platforms of battlefield help him in platform camping and since the stage is average size he can kill earlier but die earlier also.Pikachu has great mobility and with that making it harder for ichigo to hit because he is slow ,pikachu has several playstyle options witch all being really good he can go defensively with his thunder jolts to force an approach and punish with aerials or with a grab and since he has a 0 to death chaingrab it means a lot to get a grab in and if pikachu decides to go offensively he can use his good mobility,his aerials and his thunder jolts to get pass all of ichigo tricks and get hits on him and he can combo ichigo very well because he is tall and big, the fact that ichigo best bet is to get as much hard hits on him without getting punish makes it really hard for him and since pikachu is so fast and small it wont be easy and he cant combo and since ichigo recovery is average to bad pikachu can easily edgeguard him while ichigo cant because pikachu has such a great recovery so overall ichigo is very weak against pikachu not having many options while pikachu has many ways to get to him and kill him.

2)This question is depending on which character but since you didn't say which i would say dreamland because since the stage has 3 platforms it helps out his combos,spacing,out of shield options and more importantly the fact that this is a big stage it helps out with Meta knight staying alive a lot more to get damage on his foes and the stage itself helps out with edgeguarding because since its a big stage opponents will have a hard time getting back with meta knight powerful edgeguarding game and because meta knight has a good recovery he wont be that easy to edgeguard him.

3)okay here i go:

Hylian skies Counterpick:It should be a counter pick because it gives certain characters advantages especially people with good combo and edgeguarding games and the fact that there is a wall that can be abused gives characters advantages some more that others so in all this stage should be placed as a counterpick.

Bomb Factory Banned:This stage should be banned because first its a really big stage with walk offs and promotes camping,it has no ledge leaving no use for edgeguarding,edgehoging and spiking and the fact that you can just grab someone and throw him off stage and get the kill with no skill required and the people who have good knock back can just hit someone and kill him at any percent if there close to the edge in conclusion this stage is another case of bridge of eldin being banned in brawl.

Chaos Shrine banned:Its a big stage where characters can camp out the match especially samus and if they get a stock lead they will just run and camp until the timer runs out for example sonic,pikachu,samus and fox can take advantage of this and beat other characters by timing them and the stage itself its quite small on the side boundary and big on top boundary so makes it harder for people who need to kill at the top of the stage and with all these this stage should be banned from tournament play.

Dracula's Castle starter:This stage should be a starter or neutral because it doesn't give many advantages to any type of character the platforms can be used to combo with all character the side and top boundary's of the stage are both average size so it doesn't give advantage to anyone.The stage itself its like a final destination with moving platforms that are really good to extent combos so with all this combined this stage should be a starter or neutral in competitive play.

Castle Siege counterpick:This stage should be counterpick because it's a small stage which gives advantage do those who are force to approach and it doesn't let characters camp and since the stage is irregular can help to someones advantage and since the stage itself is very small you can die very quickly and with all this castle siege has advantages and disadvantages so this stage should be a counterpick.

Bowser's castle banned:This stage should be banned because its a small stage with lava openings between witch will cause you damage and not kill you down but if you have high damage you will be killed,this stage enforces camping so the opponent cant reach you and time out the clock the side boundary is very small so it will be easy to kill in it and with all this combine this stage should be banned from competitive play.
champetero
champetero

Back to top Go down

Post  ZaloZemsis Wed May 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm not sure about Pikachu having the best advantage on Battlefield. The platforms disable most use of Pikachu's Thunder. Ichigo's dash speed is faster than Pikachu's and the platform on Battlefield gives Ichigo great use of his mobility because of how he fast-fall speed use for platform dropping. Plus, Ichigo has an overall longer range and has use Platform landing to cancel the ending lag of his aerials to keep them very safe. And Ichigo has chain-Fthrow on Pikachu. It only last until about 40%, but either way I think both of them would have a difficult time landing a grab on each other in the first place.

Sorry about question two. I guess I should have thought of saying a character that Meta Knight has lost against. against. But I feel Meta Knight benenfits more flat stages like Final Destination and Smashville because of his chain-throws and ability to rushdown opponents.

Question 3 is pretty much perfect 'cept for Hylian Skies. All stages that have walls should be banned because of infinite combos like Goku's Wall Chain-Dthrow and Fox's Shine Wall Infinite.

I think is a pretty decent application. I think it worth accepting judging by your knowledge. Good job!

Now if only Void or someone could member you and Zap already.
ZaloZemsis
ZaloZemsis

https://www.youtube.com/Zalozis

Back to top Go down

Post  champetero Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 pm

ZaloZemsis wrote:I'm not sure about Pikachu having the best advantage on Battlefield. The platforms disable most use of Pikachu's Thunder. Ichigo's dash speed is faster than Pikachu's and the platform on Battlefield gives Ichigo great use of his mobility because of how he fast-fall speed use for platform dropping. Plus, Ichigo has an overall longer range and has use Platform landing to cancel the ending lag of his aerials to keep them very safe. And Ichigo has chain-Fthrow on Pikachu. It only last until about 40%, but either way I think both of them would have a difficult time landing a grab on each other in the first place.

Sorry about question two. I guess I should have thought of saying a character that Meta Knight has lost against. against. But I feel Meta Knight benenfits more flat stages like Final Destination and Smashville because of his chain-throws and ability to rushdown opponents.

Question 3 is pretty much perfect 'cept for Hylian Skies. All stages that have walls should be banned because of infinite combos like Goku's Wall Chain-Dthrow and Fox's Shine Wall Infinite.

I think is a pretty decent application. I think it worth accepting judging by your knowledge. Good job!

Now if only Void or someone could member you and Zap already.

wow thank you and i don't fight many ichigo's so i wasn't sure on that one and in second that's just my thought but anyways i'm honored that a skilled player like you thinks i'm good enough to enter the backroom.
champetero
champetero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down